Home

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Welcome to Moderately Green Mom!!

I'm so happy you've found it!  MGM is about living green but not feeling guilty for it.  (I mean, lets be honest....how much of a footprint does the internet, satellites and computers use anyway?)  I love the idea that if it worked for our ancestors hundreds of years ago, it'll probably work today.  Some examples are diapers.  Pretty sure that people crossing the Atlantic didn't wash cloth diapers (or disposables).  Same thing goes for the pioneers and people crossing the prairie.  BUT don't be fooled into thinking that this is all about going back to the stone age!  Some things are so much better now!  Like vaccines.  True, they may have some side effects that we may or may not know about yet, but, in the short term I'll take the polio and mumps vax before exposing my baby to it!  

There is a lot of extremism out there.  This is not that place.  I use disposables and cloth diapers.  I vaccinate.  (Obviously.)  I don't co-sleep, but I love EC.  I love baby-wearing (until they get too big!) and I want to know so much more about things like herbs, eating food not full of preservatives and hydrogenated oils.  What is the difference between organic and non-organic food anyway?  And if organic is so much better, should the government even allow our food to be pumped full of all those pesticides?  Follow me as I find out....

2 comments:

  1. I just read about EC and it seems like a great way to help kids start potty training at such a young age, especially cutting back on diaper usage. I'm passing this info along. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! The best book I've seen is called Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh

    ReplyDelete