Home

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two by land

Historically this was "One if by land, two if by sea." But that doesn't work in this instance.  If you'd like to learn more about Paul Revere's ride and those early American Patriots, go here.

My daughter Vans, (pulling a Zoolander face)

Well Vans and I are preparing for an exciting road trip adventure.  The Handsome Husband is staying behind to man & protect the castle from intruders and score high marks on his finals.  So we're doing it alone.  One: I've never gone on an 8 hour RT alone before.  Especially with a 9 month old in tow.  

Some things I'm planning to do are; instead of buying new toys for her to entertain herself with, I'm asking other moms to borrow a few.  Then we'll return them at trip's end.  Hooray for money saving!  I'm planning on preparing enough food before departure so I won't have to stop and by fast food at inflated prices that won't make me feel good anyway.  (Once I had to make a special trip from Vienna to Frankfurt and back with a hired driver and he told me he never eats anything en route because food makes you sleepy.)  

Do you have any ideas for safe and fun baby travel?  What are some things you do to save money or "green" your trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment